The complete sleepover solution
If the thought of leaving your K9 in a dog kennel while you jet off travelling the world makes you feel uncomfortable, then Happy Paws Fitness has the answer for you!
Although we cannot offer overnight boarding for dogs at the Happy Paws Fitness facility, we have a roster of our experienced and reliable staff that will care for your dog in either their home or yours (depending on your preference and location). Happy Paws Fitness understands why dog owners are often nervous about kenneling their dog in a foreign environment, with many other unfamiliar dogs. Whether it’s for short stays or longer, more extended periods, Happy Paws Fitness can provide personalised and loving pet care for your K9 while you are away. A dog that can spend its time away from you in a familiar environment, will be a much happier canine upon your return!
Please give us a call to learn more about our holiday care options. Our friendly staff will be pleased to go through how our service works and will be able to answer any specific questions that you may have. In the meantime, some of the essentials are as follows:
- You will need to provide us with your dog’s clean and flea-free bedding (your K9 deserves all of his or her standard home comforts while you are away)
- Your dog will be thrilled if you were to provide us with his or her favourite toy!
- You will need to provide us with your dog’s food, which needs to be apportioned and labeled clearly with the time of feeding for each day (we would hate to under or over feed your K9 while you are away!)
- All dogs must be bathed before their holiday stay – your canine will be living in the home of one of the loving and caring Happy Paws Fitness staff members
- All dogs must be up-to-date with their vaccinations, as well as their worming, flea and tick medications. Happy Paws Fitness carries a range of flea, tick and worming medications which are available for purchase
- Remember to provide us with any specific medications and ensure that all directions for administration are clearly written down
- We prefer that your dog be an existing Happy Paws Fitness customer (either day care, walking or bathing). This way, we know your dog and your dog knows us!
An alternative solution
Due to popular demand, Happy Paws Fitness also offers an alternative service for dogs that do not require sleepover care. Some pooches are happy for us to:
- Greet them first thing in the morning (we’ll feed them breakfast as soon as we arrive, which is always a popular move)
- Transport them in our pet taxi for a full day of doggy day care at Happy Paws Fitness and then drive them home again at the end of the day
Once home, feed them dinner, make sure their wattle bowl is full and wish them sweet dreams before assuring them that we will be back first thing tomorrow morning to do it all over again!
In the event that or staff are unavailable to take on your holiday booking, we have a new trusted associate, Paula Traynor of Mount Hunter Dog Retreat (Camden) will collect your dog from Happy Paws and transport them to her boutique country boarding facility. This service is on a referral basis only, so is available to dogs attending daycare or using our walking service
About Paula and Her Facility
- Paula is an experienced Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience
- Small luxury boutique (Family Run Business) with a maximum of 8 dogs cared for at a time
- Large Outdoor space for play
- Individual sleeping quarters
- Balanced & Complete Meals supplied (BYO if your dog has special requirements)
- Transportation to and From Happy Paws Fitness included in the cost ($45 per night for one dog, $57 per night for two dogs)
- Additional Bathing & Grooming services can be supplied upon request
Please note :
- All dogs boarding with Paula must be well known to Happy Paws Fitness, be up to date with their Vaccination (or fully vaccinated as a puppy), Worming & Flea treatment, be of sound health and under the age of 12 years.
- A minimum 3 night booking also applies. Pick ups and drop offs to Happy Paws are available Monday- Friday only*NB an admin & holding fee of $30 applies when booked for pick up from Happy Paws Fitness and complete boarding payment needs to be payed prior to or at time of drop off. If an additional Pet Taxi to or from Happy Paws is required, an additional fee will also apply to the total booking cost